Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Get A Jump On Your Spring Cleaning

I've been thinking about spring lately.  Maybe it's because I live in Ohio and the weather changes constantly.  Maybe it's because we've had a very mild winter so far and we've experienced many spring-like days even though it's January.  Maybe it's because my daffodils have poked their heads up out of the ground last month.  With spring comes spring cleaning.  Let me rephrase that... it's one of those things I'd LIKE to accomplish, but rarely do. 

This year is going to be different.  I'm going to tackle one task each week (hopefully) in order to break down the dreaded task of spring cleaning into bite-sized pieces.  My hopes are that when spring finally does arrive, I'll be able to be outside and ENJOY the warmer temps and the beautiful flowering bulbs instead of being inside cleaning.  Make sense?  Good. 

And I'm inviting you to join me on this journey so you can get your spring cleaning done too!  Don't you feel lucky?  (This is where you smile and nod your head yes.) 

So here is this week's task.  Drum roll please......



Wash down your cabinets.  Wherever you have them.  I have them in my kitchen and bathroom.  And no, you don't have to dust them with a feather duster and look all cute like the lady in the picture above.  By all means you can if you want, but I never look like that when I'm cleaning. 
I look more like this:


Anyways,  I have been wanting to wash down my cabinets for a long time now, but never took the time to do it.  Until now.  And I noticed once I was down that it really didn't take that long.  And the feeling of accomplish I got made me want to do it again.  Ok, not really, but you get the idea.  My bathroom cabinets were the worst.  My kids could probably win an award for NOT getting their toothpaste into the sink, because I noticed blue (why do they make toothpaste blue anyways?) goo on my cabinets.  So now it is gone forever.  (wishful thinking, I know) 

So grab your bucket of warm soapy water (I used a couple squirts of dishwashing soap) and your rag and have at those cupboards!  And while you're at it, wipe off the underside of the countertop too. (The part that hangs over the cabinets.  When I was on my knees cleaning my bottom cabinets, I was surprised  appalled at the amount of gunk was lurking there!  

And once you're done, step back and enjoy the fruits of your hard work!  And brag to your hubby about your accomplishment too!  When I did, my husband acted shocked and complimented how nice they looked!   

Happy Cleaning!

No comments: