Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Two More!

I need to add two more things to my list of goals for this new year! 

8.  I want to be consistent with my devotion and prayer times with God.  I do good for a few days, then get busy or sidetracked and slack off.  I know devotion time isn't absolutely necessary in order for growth with God, but it is something I want to do.  I need to overcome my fear of lack of confidence in this area.  My plan is to start gettng up earlier in the morning to spend 20-30 mins in devo and prayer. 

9.  I also want to be more intentional about family devo time and teaching my kids more about the Bible and character qualities.  I'm not exactly sure how I will do this, however I will start with a few children's devotionals and probably pick one character quality per month from The Duggar Family's website.  You can see and/or print this character quality list her:  http://duggarfamily.com/content/character_qualities.  I could always look ahead for devos that pertain to that month's character quality.  I have to admit that I feel very unprepared for this task.  I know I need to teach my kids about God, but I never really had that modeled to me and neither did my husband, so I've sort of slacked off in this area.  I want to use our day-to-day life circumstances to teach my kids about God's love and grace that He has freely given us.  If you have anything that you with your family and children, I would love to hear about them!

I think that is all for now...however my OCD tendancy makes me think there should be 10 goals on my list.  So I may be back with one more!  lol

I hope you all have had a Blessed New Year!  I'm excited for what God has planned for me and my family in 2012!

2 comments:

samwise said...

great blog!
something that might help with #8 is www.youversion.com. they've got some great reading plans that offer email reminders when you might miss a day. check it out. thanks for serving in hopeland today and bringing them by xk...lots of fun. happy new year!

snyderpartyof5 said...

Thanks! I have heard of You Version before, but have never checked it out. Will definately have to!