Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Counting Calories

Well, it's been 25 days since starting my FINAL journey to lose this weight once and for all in 2012.  Up until two days ago, I had lost 0.  ZE-RO.  Zip.  Zilch.  That, I might add, is also the reason I have not posted about my weekly weigh-ins.  There was nothing to report...literally.  And boy, was I frustrated and embarrassed.  But I assure you I have not been sitting on my hiney watching soap operas and eating bon-bons.  I was at the gym working out...HARD...at least 3 days a week!    I have been thinking for awhile that my eating was what was getting me into trouble.  And apparantly I was right.  (I love it when I'm right, by the way.) 

So I'm back to counting calories...again.  I am just down-right awful at counting calories.  I had some friends tell me about a website that is great for counting.  It is called My Fitness pal.  I was reluctant to try it out because I was perfectly happy with Live Strong, but I gave it a whirl.  I really like it!  It is a lot like facebook.  You can follow your friends' progress and encourage them along the way..and they can do the same for you.  It's great for accountability too.  If you weigh-in and you've gained weight, it will post it to your wall.  Or if you go over your calorie intake for the day, it will post that too.  But on the other hand it will post if you lost weight or were under your calorie intake for the day.  My absolute favorite aspect of the program is that, after you've posted an entire day's worth of meals (which your friends cannot see by the way), it will tell you what your weight would be in 5 weeks if every day was like the current day.  So yesterday it told me that I would weight 167.4 in 5 weeks!  That's motivated to eat the exact same thing for the next 5 weeks for sure!  

I just wanted to share with you this great tool if you are on a weight loss journey of your own.  It makes counting calories a little more fun and entertaining!  You can find out more about My Fitness Pal by clicking here. 

Oh yeah...I totally forgot to tell you the best part!  Since starting to count calories, I have lost 1.6 lbs!  I selected the Sedentary activity level even though I'm a would probably be light-moderately active actually, but this way, my calorie count is low and if I happen to go over, I should still be under my daily intake for what my body needs.  So far it's working!!

No comments: