Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Quite Possibly the Best Bread EVER

So since I am consuming unlimited quantities of carbs until tomorrow, I made bread today.  I've been wanting to try this particular recipe for awhile now, but somehow I write down a recipe and, well, it vanishes.  Or I write it down, try it, and it turns out horribly.  And somehow THAT recipe never gets lost. 

Well, I can honestly say I can throw out all of my other bread recipes (except maybe my Grandma's recipe for awesome white bread...even though we don't eat white bread anymore).  I have found THE ONE.  And the rest of the family unanimously voted this as the best.  And it's pretty too.  That's always a plus! 

I have made LOTS of whole wheat bread in search of a no-fail recipe.  But I haven't had much luck.  Bread-making is an art!  Some people have the skills and some don't.  Can you guess which group I belong to?  But today, I conquered!    Me Woman, Me Make Bread!!!  (Can you tell it's getting late?)  Of course it turned out this time, so I will need to make this bread again (probably tomorrow) to make sure it truly is a no-fail recipe!  The recipe makes 2 loaves at a time, so I'm hoping to make 2 batches a week and freeze the extra loaves until we need them.  No more buying bread from the store! 

Shut up and give me the recipe, you say?  Ok, I got this recipe from a blog called Stacy Makes Cents.  (I LOVE her blog by the way!)  You can follow the tutorial here.  And while you're there check out some of her posts!  She and her family are on a journey to eating healthy whole foods, and they recently became debt-free.  Her hubby also is a financial-something-or-other and gives lots of financial tips and info on the blog too.  And Stacy's posts actually make me giggle...her sense of humor really shines through her writing! 

So, go check out the tutorial, and make some bread!  You'll be glad you did! 

BTW - Stacy's recipe says to use Hard White Wheat...but I used Prairie Gold wheat.  But they may actually be the same type of wheat...not sure. 

No comments: