Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

I'm Sick and Tired...Literally

My son came home from school with the beginnings of a cold last week.  And now I have been lucky enough to catch the "sick baton" in this illness relay we've been running.  I am thankful it is just a cold and not the flu like before, but having a cold really cramps my style.  I was miserable yesterday with pounding sinus pain and the start of a semi-stuffy nose.  By the time I went to bed, I was completely stuffed up and breathing like Darth Vadar.  With the help of my good friend, Nyquil, I was able to catch a couple hours of sleep when I went to bed at 8pm (yeah, that's how crappy I felt).  I woke up at 11:30pm, 2am, 3am, 4:30am, 5:30am, and 6:30am.  And I'm not saying that I was sleeping in between either...that just happened to be when I looked at the clock.

I woke up feeling completely drained and fighting an inner battle of whether to go to the gym this morning for my regular spin class.  At first I decided I would just stay home, but then I remembered I had some errands to run while in town, so I bit the bullet and went.  I actually enjoyed myself...probably because I breath through my mouth through the whole class anyways and didn't notice my nose as much.  I even stayed and did a 1 mile on the treadmill afterwards.  (I know, I'm an overachiever!)  Afterwards I ran my errands and came home.

When I am stressed, or feeling down, or tired, or sick, or if it's a day ending in the letter y, my temporary remedy is to take a bubble bath.  So that's what I did.  I think the steam helped my congestion, because as I type this, it's back...and utterly frustrating. 

I guess my point to this post is I feel worthless today.  I haven't done much cooking, cleaning, or laundry and I've spent most of my time at home soaking away my worries.  Nothing exciting has happened today, so there's nothing to report.  Sorry to disappoint you! 

One thing that is swirling around in this brain of mine is the idea of possibly doing a Daniel Fast.  I good friend of mine did it (and survived!), and since then I've been contemplating doing one myself.  Mainly because I know I am addicted to certain foods, and this would more than likely break those addictions.  But I'm a bit afraid that I can't do it for the full 21 days.  I need to pray that God shows me His timing concerning this fast and how long I should do it for.  Other than that, things have been a bit boring around the Snyder Ranch!  Hopefully there will be more excitement in the days to come so I have something to write about other than my nose.  :)

No comments: