Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Miracles Are For Real by James L. Garlow and Keith Wall

Do you belive in Miracles?  Before reading Miracles Are For Real by James L. Garlow and Keith Wall, I admid I was skeptical.  This topic of miracles has always baffled me.  I have read the miracles that were performed in the Bible many times, yet it seems as if miracles in this day and age aren't as prevalent.  Why?  Is it because we believe less or are just part of a society that leans towards skepticism?  I think it's both.  I personally have taken part in praying for miracles for loved ones who were ill and needed a miracle.  And I never saw my prayers answered. 

This book has ignited a spark in me to believe again.  The book is full of real-life stories of miracles that are awe-inspiring.  The stories tell of miracles in many shapes and forms from physical healings to angelic appearances in times of need.  It discusses many aspects of miracles including how to define a miracle, the difference between resuscitation and resurrection, and the question of whether it's possible for people to be "miracle magnets".   The book is also full of instances of miracles in the Bible, as well, evidence of miracles in history. 

All in all, I think this is a great book.  It has a very balanced approach to each of the different types of miracles as well as insight as to why some prayers are answered miraculously and some aren't, although the authors admit to not having all the answers concerning miracles.  Jim Garlow himself (at the time of writing this book) is praying for a miracle for his wife who is battling cancer.  This book is a great reminder that God is still working miracles today.  One of the quotes in this book is from Albert Einstein who said, "There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as though everything is a miracle."  This book will most definately change how you define and view miracles...and will leave you anticipating them!

I recieved a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for this honest review.

No comments: