Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

A New Leaf


Time to start over.  Renew my mind.  Get focused.  And turn over a new leaf.  (What does that mean anyways?)   I am failing miserably at this weight loss thing.  So much so that I am not even going to weigh in tomorrow morning.  Yeah, it's that bad.  I am battling conflicting emotions right now.  A part of me feels so discouraged and is telling myself, "You'll never reach that goal weight...or even lose a pound for that matter."  The other part of me is inspired.  Inspired to do better.  To strive for my goal.  To do this and put it past me.  I know I have it in me to do it, so why am I failing?  Eating everything in site? Choosing NOT to workout when I know it's necessary to lose the weight? 

When I made the decision to lose this weight in Nov 2010, I started with a vengeance.  No one was going to stop me.  I worked out.  I watched what I ate.  And I lost 15 lbs.  So that is what needs to happen again.  Period.  No more excuses.  It's time to tell myself NO when it wants to have a second helping, or an extra cookie.  NO when I want to skip a workout.  NO when I want to slack off.  Because reaching my goal is going to feel way better then having the satisfaction of a cookie.  A fit, healthy body is way more worth it then a second helping at dinner.  Why can't I get it? 

So, tomorrow I'm starting over.  Yes, again.  But this time I'm not backing down. 
It's time to get serious.  

No comments: