Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Recipe Adventures #12: PB Oatmeal Cookie Dough Oatmeal

I found this recipe at Peanut Butter Fingers and thought it sounded yummy enough to try.  I've seen recipes for overnight oatmeals before but have never taken the time to try one. 

PB Oatmeal Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
3/4 c old-fashioned oats
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 t. brown sugar 
1 t. chia seeds

Stir all of the ingredients together in a bowl.  I used a larger cereal-type bowl and put plastic wrap over it before sticking it in the fridge.  Make this the night before and stick it in the fridge to enjoy the next morning.  Before eating, mix a bit more milk with it so it's not so thick.  Do not omit the chia seeds.  You can also top this with fresh berries, chocolate chips, etc. 

The Verdict:  Hmmm...not sure how I feel about this one just yet.  I think I need to try it again.  I had to make a special trip to the health food store to pick up the chia seeds and found out quickly they are expensive little buggers!  I paid $6.99 for 8 organic oz of them!  BUT 8oz should last me a long time, thank goodness!  Anyways, I think the thing that bugged me the most about this was that it was cold.  The instructions didn't say to heat it up so I ate it cold.  And it tasted like cold oatmeal.  Maybe I should warm it up next time to see if I like it better.  Or maybe just let it get to room temperature.  Who knows.  I'm sticking this recipe in the "2nd Chance" pile to try again later.  

If you happen to try it, let me know what you think of it!

No comments: