Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Recipe Adventure #11: Broiled Fish Parmesan

Remember that All Recipes mini-mag I told you about last week?  Well, there was another awesome recipe in it that we tried last night for dinner.  It was called Broiled Tilapia Parmesan.  We didn't have Tilapia, but we had a box of Pollock that I got on sale a couple of weeks ago, so I substituted it and changed the name to Broiled FISH Parmesan!  Sorry I didn't get a picture of the fish...we had someplace to go last night and I guess I was more concerned with putting a hot meal on the table instead of snapping a pic.  Forgive  me?  Good.

Broiled Fish Parmesan

1/2 c parmesan cheese
1/4 c butter
3 Tbsp mayo
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp celery salt
2 lbs fish fillets

Preheat broiler.  Grease your broiling pan or cover it with foil.  (I poked holes in the foil for all the fish juicies to fall through).  In a bowl, mix all the ingredients except the fish and set aside.  Place fish on the broiling pan.  Broil a few inches from the heat for 2-3 mins.  Flip over and broil a few more minutes.  Remove from oven and cover with the cheese mixture on the top side of the fillets.  Broil 2 more mins until topping is browned and fish flakes with a fork.  Do not overcook.

Variations: Can use sour cream in place of mayo. Can sprinkle Old Bay seasoning on the fish before broiling.

I don't think I had my pan close enough to the heat because I had to bake mine longer...and also due to my fish being semi-frozen yet.  So my cooking time was probably doubled...however me and the broiler have a long history of burning things so maybe it was a good thing it wasn't too close!

This says it is 4 servings.  I didn't weigh the fish out (I bought a 10 lb box), but I just filled up the pan in a single layer (which was probably 6 -7 fillets) and had enough cheese mixture to fully cover them.

The Verdict: During the preparation stage, my youngest said, "Yay!  I love fish!" and my older daughter said, "Eww...I don't like fish."  I ignored the negative comment and continued on.  (I don't allow for picky eaters in my house) Once the fish was done, EVERYONE (including Miss Picky) ate a 2nd helping.  When I asked hubby how it was, he replied, "This is Awesome!"  So I guess this recipe is a keeper!  I personally loved how gourmet this dish looks!  It was very easy to make yet looks like it was prepared by a chef!


No comments: