Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe Adventure #8: PB Granola

I hereby declare today as PB Day!  I started the morning out with PB Pancakes (see previous post) and just made a batch of PB Granola.  Hmm...how shall I eat my PB for dinner?  

I love to make granola.  It can be pretty pricey in the stores and, being the cheapskate I am, I just can't bring myself to buy it when I know I can make some that's comparable in taste and way cheaper!

I came across this recipe at Peanut Butter Fingers and it looked so simple I just had to make it.  It also had a bit to do with a container of plain yogurt sitting in the fridge begging to be eaten.  Granola is sooo yummy on yogurt!  



Here's the recipe:

PB Granola

2 T. Creamy PB (I used my fave Jif Natural PB)
2 T. Honey
1/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. vanilla 
1 c. oats.  (I used old-fashioned oats)

Heat your oven to 325 degrees.  Put the pb and the honey in a bowl and nuk in the microwave until melted.  Stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.  Then add the oats and stir to coat.  Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray (or olive oil) and spread the granola goodness out on the sheet.  Bake for 15 mins and let cool until crunchy (if you can wait that long!).  

The Verdict: Hubby and I really like this and, in fact, we've been munching on it this afternoon...even without the yogurt.  I love that the recipe uses all natural ingredients.  And that I made it myself.  This one is a keeper and I can't wait to try it out on some yogurt this afternoon for snack!  Also can't wait to see if the kids like it!  

BTW - I did double the recipe.  Next time I would make an even bigger batch because I'm sure this batch won't last long!  


No comments: