Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Recipe Adventure #7: PB Pancakes

This one is a keeper!  I love pancakes.  They are fairly quick to mix up and feed the kiddos before they head to school.  And if you make them with whole wheat flour, they keep you full longer too!  And I love peanut butter because, well, I just do!  I also love this recipe because I normally put peanut butter ON my pancakes to make them stick to my ribs better (aka keep me fuller longer)...so this is a win-win!!

I found this recipe at Eat At Home Cooks and I'm so glad I did!  Below is the recipe I used.  I made some adjustments based on wanting to make the recipe just a tad bit healthier.



PB Pancakes

2 c. whole wheat flour (or any kind of flour)
1 t. sea salt
4 Tbsp. evaporated cane juice (or white sugar, honey, or preferred sweetener)
2 eggs
5 t. baking powder
1 c. peanut butter (I used Jif's Natural Pb)
4 Tbsp. coconut oil melted (or veg oil)
2 1/4 c. milk

I mixed all the wet ingredients together.  Then I added the salt and baking powder.  Lastly I added the flour. Stir it up real good and plop them on a hot griddle (I heated mine to 350-375 degrees).  Once they are bubbly on top, flip them.  Voila!  PB Pancakes!

We served ours with maple syrup.  Yummo!


No comments: