Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hello Routine!

I have mixed emotions.  Spring Break is over and my kiddos go back to school today.  And although I was totally stressed out and frustrated by all the fighting at the beginning of the the break, they actually started getting along better towards the end and I was really starting to enjoy them being home.  However, I also like the freedom to get some major things accomplished here without the distractions they sometimes provide.   And, I'm not going to lie, the peace and quiet of my house is pretty enjoyable most days too.  But we are all ready for a routine.  My son (who is 12) even told me (4 days into spring break) that he was so ready to go back to school and see different people because he was tired of seeing us all the time.  Thanks buddy...love you too!

So what will I do today?  

* I postponed yesterday's 3-miler until today, so that's a priority.  I would also like to incorporate some extra cardio and/or strength training.  The weight that I lost over the past couple of weeks has returned (thanks to my consumption of Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs and any other chocolate I could get my hands on)...so I'm back to square one.  Bleck.  But as Jimmy Buffet says, It's my own dang fault.  I've read that weight loss is about 80% nutrition and 20% exercise.  So I am going to focus more on what I'm eating but also try to ramp up my workouts a bit.  I want to see the 160's soooooo badly!

* Make a menu for this week & plan my grocery shopping list.  K has gymnastics tonight so I will be doing some shopping during her 2 hour practice.  You spend way less money and time when you have a menu plan and stick to it!

* Get caught up on some bookkeeping for hubby's business.  

* Laundry.  Lots of laundry.  I got a bit done yesterday but it's as if it's multiplying.  Or my kids changed their clothes like 20 times each day.  There's dirty laundry everywhere!  

Well, that should keep me busy most of the day!  I will let you know about today's workout in my next post. Right now, I must be going...time to get the girls up for school...Hello, Routine!

No comments: