Tuesday, April 23, 2013


I've been a wreck for about the past week.  My husband recently took a new job and will start in a couple of weeks.  This has been a long time coming.  He applied in February and just got the call with the job offer.  Now that it's OFFICIAL, I'm starting to freak out about what our life is going to look like with him no longer being home on a daily basis.  On top of that huge transition (that also takes place on the busiest week of the year where I work) and all the issues that arises because of that, we have a MILLION ZILLION things that need done.  We're getting fair pigs this week.  We need to sell our old van since we bought a new one.  We have unofficially purchased a work car for hubby so he won't have to spend a ton of dough on gas driving to and from work and need to do all the necessary paperwork to make that all legal.  (we will be working in the same town, but our hours are too different to ride together).  Allie would like to run track this year and it starts next month.  We need to put more wood chips on the garden.  I need to put fertilizer on the strawberries.  We need to put sand in the pig pen.  I need to get our coop ready for peeps that will be coming in 2 weeks.  I have bills to pay, paperwork to fill out, and appointments to make for the kiddos at the dentist and eye dr before their insurance runs out at the end of May.  We have almost a half of a beef that will be ready soon (also on the same week that hubby starts his job AND I will be working a ton) that needs to fit into our already-full freezer.  

I know these things seem so minor, but they are all weighing on me at once and I literally feel like I can't breathe sometimes.  I need to just have a good cry, but quite honestly, I don't have time.  This morning's run didn't even help to relieve the stress...and that's bad.  I just feel like I'm drowning in all the normal day-to-day maintenance stuff that needs done around here that I can't get to all the things listed above!  There just are not enough hours in the day it seems!  And things seem ultra-bleak this week because I have today and Sunday off and I work the rest of the week.  So alot of these things are going to get crammed into the evenings...and they are already filling up quickly!  

So what am I going to do?  I'm going to take it one day at a time.  Do what I can in that day.  Try really hard not to stress about the things that didn't get done because tomorrow is a new day.  On a good note, I did lose 1.2 lbs since last Monday.  And the sun is shining.  So I'm going to quit complaining.  I thought maybe it would do me good to get this all out because I've been holding it in for awhile.  I think I do feel better....

No comments: