Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Recipe Adventures #19: Bacon, Egg, & Cheese Sandwiches

I just tried this recipe out this morning and it's really good!  Despite being in a cooking rut in general, I think I am in dire need of new recipes for breakfast.  And this is a great one!  The only downfall being that you use refrigerated crescent roll dough (processed and made with white flour).  BUT I had a couple of cans of them in my fridge that needed used up and this was a great way to do it!  I also had some turkey bacon that I had cooked last week that needed used up.  I love not wasting food!!  (Or should I call it repurposing?)  I recently came across a recipe for making your own crescent rolls but haven't tried them out...maybe that could be a Recipe Adventure in itself!!  

Anyways, I found this recipe on Pinterest while searching for some breakfast ideas.  The original recipe is from All Recipes.com. 

Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwiches
1 can refrigerated crescent rolls
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked & crumbled.  (I used turkey bacon that I cut up)
4 eggs, scrambled (I scrambled them as usual with a bit of milk)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 egg, beaten (optional)  OOPS!  Just realized that I didn't use the egg...nor did I even see it on the recipe!
1 Tbsp cracked black pepper...didn't use this either




Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Unroll dough on a cookie sheet or baking stone and separate into triangles.


Top each triangle with some eggs, bacon, and cheese.  Roll up loosely.  Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with pepper.  Bake 18 mins until golden brown.  


YUMMY!  But anything made with crescent rolls is yummy.... 

No comments: