Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Recipe Adventures #19: Whole Wheat PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

The non-whole wheat version of this recipe has been a favorite of mine for years.  My sister in law makes the BEST cookies in the entire world and she gave me this recipe.  Of course mine don't taste like hers, but each time I make them, it reminds me of her.  She currently is living in Mozambique, Africa so we don't get to eat her cookies anymore.  (Insert sad face here...)  

I also feel a bit guilty sending cookies in for my daughter's snack since they aren't very nutritious, so I modified the recipe so it was whole-wheat and it made me feel a bit less guilty.  

Whole Wheat PB Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 c. butter
3/4 c. evaporated cane juice
3/4 c. sucanat
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1 c. Jif Natural PB
2 c. whole wheat flour (I used hard red wheat)
2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix sugars, butter and eggs together.  Add pb & vanilla.  Sprinkle the soda and salt onto mixture, then add flour.  Pour in the choc chips. Bake at 375 degrees for about 9 mins on a baking stone.  Remove from oven and let set on stone for approx 5 mins to firm up.  

Enjoy! :)

No comments: