Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe Adventures #15: Spinach & Parmesan Omelet

Well, since I'm feeling super-ultra-fat-and-flabby this week, I decided to start trying to incorporate more veggies & fruits into my meals and concentrate on making everything I eat just a bit more healthy in an attempt to just maybe see the scale move in the right direction.  And stay there.

So I did a quick search for healthy breakfast recipes this morning and found one for a spinach & Parmesan omelet on www.fitness.com but of course tweaked it a bit.  (Hey, it isn't called Recipe Adventures for nothing!)

Spinach & Parmesan Omelet

1 c. spinach, chopped
2 eggs
1 small clove garlic, minced (or less if you don't care for it)
Dash of Tabasco
2 tsp. Parmesan Cheese
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Salt & Pepper to taste

Add the spinach to a heated frying pan and saute with the garlic until wilted.  In small bowl, scramble the eggs with Tabasco sauce.  Add to the pan of spinach.  If you don't have a small pan (like me) I just made sure to keep pushing the egg into a smaller omelet-sized circle. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.  Cook 2 mins then flip and Parmesan cheese.  Cool 15-30 seconds.  Fold over and sprinkle a bit of mozzarella cheese on top.  

The Verdict: I thought it was good, but I need to get over my urge to not like it because there's green stuff in my eggs, ya know?  I like spinach and I like eggs, but I sort of act like a 5 yr old all over again when I see them together.  It's one of my quirks.  And I'm learning to overcome them.  I made one for hubby and he said he liked it so I guess this one is a keeper.  I think next time I would use less garlic (I could really use a breath mint right now) and less Parmesan cheese (totally overlooked the 2 tsp thing and just poured it on top...big mistake).

Once again, I'm sorry I didn't take a picture of it!  It really was beautiful!  I thought about it mid-way through eating it, but hubby was in the kitchen and I didn't want to deal with him asking why on earth I was taking a picture of my breakfast.  (He thinks blogging is silly.) I will try to take pics of future recipes!! 


No comments: