Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe Adventures #17: Upside Down Pizza

I was really looking forward to eating this!  I love pizza.  I don't care if it's right-side up or upside-down.  I did some research and sort of came up with my own recipe.  

Upside Down Pizza

Pizza Filling:
1 lb ground beef (probably should have used 2 lbs)
A sprinkle or two of Tastefully Simple's Garlic Garlic (or could use minced garlic cloves)
8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
Pepperoni and/or any other pizza toppings you wish

Pizza Sauce:
1 15 oz can tomato sauce (or 2 6oz cans)
1 can tomato paste
1/2 Tbsp garlic salt
1/2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1/4 c sugar (or to taste)
1 tsp. paprika

Crust: (could be doubled for a thicker crust)
1 c. milk
2 eggs
1 T olive oil
1 T garlic salt
1 c all-purpose flour
Parmesan cheese to taste

Heat over to 350 degrees.  Brown the hamburger and garlic in frying pan.  Drain.  Combine sauce ingredients and add to hamburger mixture.  Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray.  Spread mozzarella cheese on bottom of pan.  Spread meat mixture over top of cheese.  In large bowl, combine crust ingredients.  Pour crust mixture over top of meat mixture. Bake for 35 mins (or longer if doubling the crust)

The Verdict:  I liked the idea of this recipe but it seemed really salty to me.  (I adjusted the salt measurements above already).  And I should have used more meat and doubled the crust.  Heck while I'm at it, I could double the cheese too.  I really liked the cheese on the bottom.  



And I get much satisfaction from flipping that piece of pizza over onto my plate.  It just seems so gourmet.  

No comments: