Pages

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Recipe Adventures #16: Fried Mush

I must start out by saying that I really think we need to change the name of this dish.  The word mush just doesn't sound too appetizing, does it?  Well anyhoo, my creativity is running low and I can't seem to come up with anything better, so I guess we'll keep the name for now.  I was never a big fan of mush until just recently.  There is an Amish parochial school a few miles from my house that hosts a big breakfast twice a year as a fundraiser.  And my oh my it is delish!  The next breakfast is this Saturday and as Jenny and I were running today, we talked about the breakfast.  And the mush.  And I got hungry for it.  ASAP.  And as I was reorganizing my kitchen cabinets this morning I realized that I had a TON of corn meal.  So I came home, hopped on Pinterest and looked up some recipes.  I found one on a blog Here.  It it's super-simple and super-cheap!  I actually tripled the recipe and it made 3 full loaf pans.  I cooked one tonight for dinner (and leftover for breakfast tomorrow) and have 2 in the fridge for small group this weekend (we are all bringing breakfast foods).  I was surprised at how quick and easy this was to make!  

Warning:  Even though this is made with corn meal and water, and would appear to be healthy, I don't think it is.  It's fried in BUTTER.  And drizzled in syrup.  
But that's what makes it sooooo good!


Partially cut loaf.

 Frying them up!


Drizzle with syrup...yum...


Two pans to enjoy later!

No comments: