Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Recipe Adventures #3 & #4: Texas Roadhouse Rolls & Cinnamon Butter

Four new recipes in one week...wow!  I'm on a roll...literally!  I was craving some yummy white bread...or in this case rolls, so I tried out a copy cat recipe for Texas Roadhouse Rolls and Cinnamon Butter!


The recipe for the rolls & butter can be found HERE

These seemed like they were labor-intensive, but I was surprised at how quickly I found myself taking these yummy rolls out of the oven.  And eating them.  Lots of them.  Did I ever tell you I'm a sucker for warm white bread?  Well, I am.  It's the ultimate comfort food in my opinion!


And those of you who know me well know that me and bread-making haven't exactly made friends yet.  Very rarely does a bread recipe actually turn out well for me.  And I thought this one was another one for sure...but it totally would have been my fault..not the recipe's.  The recipe calls for 3 Tbsp melted butter added into the dough.  So I put mine in the microwave and nuked it but it wasn't quite melted yet, so I nuked it a bit more.  Then forgot about it until I was already kneading the dough.  So I tired adding the butter at that point and just crossed my fingers.  And they turned out anyways!  So I would call this recipe a no-fail!


THE VERDICT:  We really liked these rolls!  I don't think they taste exactly like Texas Roadhouse's rolls, but they are still good.  And it made 36 rolls!  I ate a few (ok, more than a few) and decided to serve the remaining rolls at our small group gathering that evening and everyone like them!  The cinnamon butter was super easy to make and it made A LOT of butter.  So I would recommend cutting the recipe in half.  Unless you are making to give as gifts.  It's definitely more butter than you will use on one batch of these rolls...so keep that in mind!  The butter was good, however I personally thought it was way too sweet.  So I would try cutting the amounts of powered sugar and honey down a bit and add more in after trying it if you think it needs more sweetness.

No comments: