Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Recipe Adventure #2: Creamy Chicken Spaghetti

Two new recipes in one week!  I'm such an over-achiever!  This time I made Creamy Chicken Spaghetti.  You can find the recipe HERE.  This was one of those recipes where, after reading down through the ingredients list, I realized that I had all the ingredients needed...so why not make it?  

The Verdict:  Hmm...this one has mixed reviews.  Hubby loved it and I thought he would hate it.  The kids thought it was ok...and I did too.  It's definately creamy, but I think the look of it was deceiving.  My mind was expecting it to be cheesy tasting but it wasn't.  I did make a small adjustment...I didn't use tomatoes with chiles in them...I just used petite diced tomatoes.  And I didn't grill the chicken; I fried it.  It's winter in Ohio and who wants to stand outside to grill a few chicken breasts in 6 degree weather?  Not this gal.  Although I do think the grilled taste would have added a bit more to the flavor of the dish.  I guess I thought it was a bit bland.  I think I will try this one again and follow the directions completely and then give it another try before tossing the recipe altogether.

No comments: