Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Recipe Adventure #6: Scrumptious Ham Loaf

Hello, my name is Jen and I am addicted to Ham Loaf.  

It is on my list of Ultimate Comfort Foods.  I like it because it's not super common so it's a real treat when we do have it.  However I didn't have a recipe.  I would just sort of throw a bunch of different ingredients into a bowl and pray it tasted good.  Sometimes it was wonderful and other times is was just ok (which is super disappointing when you can't wait to sink your teeth into it!)  After doing some searching online, I came across a recipe that makes the best ham loaf in the world.  I'm serious when I say that.  Ham loaf is not a joking matter.  

I have no idea where I got the recipe online so I can't give credit where credit is due...sorry to the amazing person who created and/or posted this recipe online!  If I knew who you were I would probably kiss you.

Here is the recipe:

Ham Loaf
2 eggs
1/2c milk
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
3/4 c dry bread crumbs (or graham cracker crumbs)
1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb ground ham
1 lb ground pork
1 can sliced pineapple (reserve juice)
1/2 c brown sugar

Combine all ingredients except pineapple and brown sugar. Make into loaf after well mixed.  Place in baking dish.  Place slices of pineapple on top of the loaf.  Mix brown sugar and 1/2 c pineapple juice and pour over hamloaf.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hr 15 mins.

*Do not just go down through the ingredient list throwing everything in the bowl to mix up...like I did.  Once I added the brown sugar I then started reading the instructions to NOT put the pineapple and sugar into the mix.  (I was smart enough to know the pineapple didn't go in the mix thank goodness!)  So I had to add more sugar with the juice, which resulted in a sweeter loaf, but it was still divine!  

*Also, in your extreme excitement about eating this ham loaf, don't overlook ingredients.  As I was typing this I realized that I had forgotten the worcestershire sauce entirely!  But like I said, it was still Dee-vine!

Bon Appetit!

No comments: