Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Recipe Adventure #1: Glazed Doughnut Muffins

The New Year is off to a great start cooking-wise!  Have I introduced you to my new best friend?  Her name is Pinterest.  She has LOTS (like a bazillion) of recipes on her site and I just can't stop pinning them!  And, so I down turn into a Pinterest recipe hoarder, as part of my 2013 goals I have decided to try 52 new recipes...and I bet they will all most likely come for there!

I made Glazed Doughnut Muffins.  You can find the recipe here:  HERE.  I whipped up a batch of these and they were easier than I thought.  I especially love how you dip the tops of the muffins into that yummy glaze and it hardens just like on glazed doughnuts!  I know, it doesn't take much to amuse me....

The Verdict:  My kids liked them!  And they were gone in a day.  They made a nice big muffin, not the sort of flat wimpy muffins that some recipes produce.  I don't habitually use white flour, so I made them with whole wheat flour.  To me they had a drier texture and I think it was the flour's fault.  So I would like to try them with unbleached white flour sometime and I bet they would be even tastier!  I will keep this recipe in my recipe box for sure!

No comments: