Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Recipe Adventure #5: Cheddar Bacon Ranch Chicken Pasta

Something sounded soooo yummy delicious about chicken mixed with cheese, ranch, and bacon!  I couldn't wait to try it!  I used THIS RECIPE.  However, I of course had to make a few adjustments.  I used bacon from the pig we raised last fall, and I didn't have as much ranch dressing mix as I thought AND I didn't have a short pasta so I used a whole-wheat linguini.

THE VERDICT:  This dish lacked flavor.  It definitely needed more ranch mix.  And I would scratch the whole wheat pasta next time and use regular.  I was disappointed big time.  I think I had in my head that it would taste like a carbonara sauce, but it didn't.  So all the leftovers are sitting in my fridge waiting to be eaten.  And leftovers that don't taste great end up as the unidentifiable food items in the back of the fridge that you forget about and find them later growing your child's next science project.  Thinking I will try to revamp it and add some more cheese and ranch mix (I would like to try making my own this time!) so it doesn't go to waste.

No comments: