Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

Need a Chocolate Fix?

I have to share this recipe with you.  But beware...it's addicting!  And one you eat too much, you'll be sick (I am speaking from experience). 

 Meet Puppy Chow.  It's so yummy and oh so simple to make! 

Puppy Chow
1 c. chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate chips, but I'm sure semi-sweet would work too)
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. peanut butter

Mix those 3 ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.  Don't let it get too hot or you'll scorch the chocolate...and that would be tragic.  I think I melted the butter separately and then added it to the chocolate and pb, then nuked it for 30 seconds, then stirred, then 30 seconds more and it was done! 

Pour that mixture over 8 c. Rice Chex cereal.  I just dumped the whole box in.  (I'm not the type to really measure things if you haven't figured that out yet!)

Toss until cereal is coated.  Sprinkle with 2 c. powered sugar. 

ENJOY! 

*Sorry I didn't include pictures with this post, but I was a bit too busy stuffing my face test-tasting it that I just couldn't find the time to dig out the camera.  And I didn't want to stop stuffing my face get chocolate on it.  I assure you it had NOTHING to do with the fact the batteries for the camera are AWOLHave I mentioned that I need to organize my ENTIRE house?  Yeah, well, I do.  Please don't judge me! :) 

No comments: