Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Weekly Chase #3




I can't believe it's Monday again already!  Wow, last week FLEW by with the kids starting school and all.  I don't have the greatest Chase report, but hey, it's better than nothing and that's why I post my goal on here...because I need accountability!

Last week's goals:

1. Run or walk at least 4 times weeks for a total of 15 miles.  Due to being so busy (and a bit lazy sometimes) I only got 2 runs in and 1 walk for a total of 11 miles.  Shame on me!

2. Do strength training exercises 3 times this week.   This was an Epic Fail.  I didn't do them AT ALL.  I will say it was partly due to being busy AND partly due to getting up so dang early in the mornings to get the kiddos off to school.  I was pooped by evening!

3. Read more in Deceptively Delicious and learn about the purees needed for the recipes.  This one I did do!  I actually was able to freeze some zucchini and squash puree for later use.  AND  here's the best part:  I made 2 recipes using pureed squash and carrots and....drum roll please....the kids LOVED them!  NONE of them asked if there was veggies in it.  I made squash pancakes to which Kailyn replied, "Mom, I gotta tell you...these pancakes are AWESOME!".  I also made turkey cigars where you mixed turkey meat, cheese, squash, carrot, and cream cheese and roll it up in a tortilla.  My youngest said, "Mom I love these!  You have to make these tomorrow!"  Honestly, the taste of both surprised me too!  I will definitely be making more recipes from those books!

4. Go through the kids' clothes.  This one didn't get done.  I was just too busy.  Nuff said.

5. Get finger-printed.  This one I did!!  Woohoo!  

Ok, now on to this week's goals!!  

1.  Put a school-paper-controlling something-or-other into place.  My kids bring home so many papers...some that need signed and some that need thrown away.  Some need kept for future reference.  And paper piles tend to multiply like rabbits around my kitchen and desk area.  So I want to figure out a way to tame the paper...and get the kids on board.  I bought three boxes for magazine storage, so I'm going to try them out.  I figured they can serve as an inbox for each child.  I just need to figure out where to put them.  I'm thinking in the foyer where the kids hang up their backpacks, but in order to do that I need to move around some furniture in that room.  So my goal is to find a place for them that won't drive me crazy and to put cute little cricut vinyl letters on the front.  (Did I ever mention I love cricut machines?)    

2.  Walk or run 10 miles this week.   I lowered the number of miles this week because I plan to hit the gym at least twice.   

3.  Start implementing a set devotion time.  I'm trying to figure out where it fits into my morning schedule.  And so far it doesn't seem feasible to do it between getting my middle-schooler and grade-schoolers on the bus.  It seems like one of my daughters gets up as soon as I get my son on the bus.  So...I either need to get up a bit earlier to fit it in, or I need to plan for devotions after all the kids leave the house.  Either way, I need to make my devotion time a priority.  

4.  Start working on a new budget and bill-paying routine...one that I will stick to.  I did this in the beginning of the year, but it's so easy to slip back into your old ways of spending.  So it's time to get back on track.  I would also like to start doing the cash-system again.  

5.  Keep my cool while construction is going on in my bedroom.  We are putting a master bathroom and walk in closet into our bedroom.  We started construction on Saturday in order to get ready for the contractor to come in this morning to frame up the walls.  Last night, after working on it all day, I had a not-so-pretty melt down.  Yes, I'm hormonal this week, so that didn't help, but I was overwhelmed by the mess.  So I am going to try very hard to NOT have anymore melt downs and to just focus on the end result, which will be a relaxing and much-needed space for hubby and I!    

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me this week, so it's time to get crackin' on this list!  I hope you all have a great time chasing your goals this week!

No comments: