While reading a blog that I subscribe to, I came across a blog called Live, Love, & Run (you can find it HERE). She posted something she calls The Weekly Chase where she sets some weekly goals and "chases" after them to achieve them. These are short term goals that she posts on her blog so her readers can hold her accountable. She challenges other bloggers to do the Chase with her...so I am! I've been needing some structure in my life since the kids have been home all summer and things have been, well, unstructured! And since they will head back to to school next week, I may as well get a head start on my goal setting each week since I will be home. Alone. All day. All week. (My seratonins are kicking in already...ahhhh) Actually I am what you would call a Side-Tracked Mom...I set goals and start to tackle them, but get side-tracked, and the job goes unfinished...resulting in a bigger mess than what I started with!) So a weekly goal list that the whole world can see is what I shall make...that just sounded like something Yoda would say. Can you tell the kids watched Star Wars yesterday? Ha!
So enough rambling...(can you say side-tracked??) Here they are:
1. Work on my solo running. I'm sort of a co-dependent runner. My RB (running buddy), Jenny is currently training for another half marathon with another running friend and their schedules don't jive with mine right now. So instead of just NOT running, I am going to become an independent runner!!! Or I'm at least going to try. I tend to play major mind games with I run solo and don't push myself hard and eventually give up because it feels too hard. So I want to change that. I would love to run a couple of solo 2-milers this week (Hey, I'm starting out small and will work my way up to a longer solo run, I promise!). The cool thing about all my whining about having to run by myself, hubby is starting to think about running with me!! After all those years of begging him to run with me, he finally starts considering it once I start whining...hmm sort of sounds like me with my kids. Anyhoo...
2. Stick to my strength training plan. I posted my strength training plan on my last blog post. Check it out!!
3. Start planning meals...and plan ones that are healthier. I bought a couple of cookbooks this summer written by Jerry Seinfeld's wife where you secretly hide pureed fruits and veggies into your dishes so your kids (and heck, even your hubby) will eat them. How many times have I used it? NOT ONCE. So I would like to make 1 recipe from it this week. Other than that, I just need to get back on track with planning meals so I don't freak out at 5pm and just throw some unhealthy dinner together.
4. Organize Allie's room. A few weeks ago we moved my youngest daughter into her own room. However, we didn't get the room fully cleaned and organized. The room she is using was sort of a storage room, so I need to move the "storage" out of it and to the laundry room (which will then need to be organized...ugh).
5. Clean up our finances. I am awful about balancing our checkbook. So I need to to do this week and pay the bills. I would also like to set up a new budget that incorporates our tithing and putting some money into savings each payday.
Ok, I'm starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with my list, so I guess I should stop there, right? We'll see how having 5 goals this week goes...if it's too much maybe I'll only have 1 goal next week!
Will you join me on The Weekly Chase? If you are interested, go HERE. I'd love it if you joined me and we can hold each other accountable!