Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Week 2 Road block and it's only Tuesday!

Well...I've encountered my first road block this week. Kailyn came home from school with an earache that last through the night. So in the wee hours of the morning after administering yet more meds to her, I decided that today's original plan wasn't going to work. I also learned that when I'm stressed, I tend to consume lots of calories. The victim were three mini candybars in the middle of the night...GRRR!!!! Because of the lack of sleep last night and the fact that she would not need to catch the bus, I decided to sleep in. I called the doc and she has an appt for 11:30 today. So that means I will need to get my shower, my shopping list made (so I can do my grocery shopping today while I'm in town) and my workout with have to wait until I get home. I am trying not to feel a bit defeated. My fear is that I will skip today's workout and this will be the start of my loss of motivation. I can't let this happen! I've come to far to just give up again. So the plan will be to workout when I get home and maybe take a nice bubbly bath afterwards! Bubbly baths are like a treat to me and I HATE taking a shower in the morning and then getting all sweaty after working out and having to take another shower. But oh well...it will be done! No excuses here!

Since my cupboards are looking like Old Mother Hubbard's, I needed to get creative with breakfast. This morning I did a quick search for whole wheat waffles (we haven't stocked white flour for over a month now!) and found one that was simple and included ingredients that I have on hand. They actually turned out pretty yummy. I have to laugh as I type this because I just reminded myself that I am still making the waffles as we speak...and remembered that there was one still cooking from about 10 mins ago! Needless to say, that waffle is a total loss...although my hubby does like his crunchy...hehe. I found the recipe of a thrifty mom's blog and she included a few alterations by cutting down on the amount of milk and oil she uses by adding water and applesauce. I made them waffles using the alterations and they were quite yummy with some melted butter and warm syrup on them! I would like to pass the recipe onto you...enjoy!

Whole Wheat Waffles
1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour
2 T. sugar
1 T. baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 c. milk (or can use 1/2 milk and 1/2 water)
1/2 c. oil or melted butter (can use 1/2 oil and 1/2 applesauce)
1 tsp. vanilla
Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until blended. Pour into greased waffle iron until done.
Makes approx 6 waffles


Despite the circumstances that arise today, it WILL be a GREAT day! Outlook is everything and mine is not going to get me down!

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Thanks for the recipe. I will give it a try sometime!