Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Buh-Bye Weight!

I've had an epitomy recently.  If you've read my blog for any length of time, you know that I desperately want to lose weight.  And you'd also know that I have been less than successful at doing it.  And everywhere I look, my friends and family are losing.  And it's driving me crazy!  So this week I decided to change my outlook.  My reasons for wanting to lose the weight.  And my strategy. 

My outlook is simple:  I can and WILL lose this weight IF I am dedicated and stay the course instead of getting discouraged by the number on the scale.  I want to lose weight for me.  Yes, that may be selfish, but I know that having this extra weight on my bones is keeping me from living a fulfilling life.  I let it hold me back from so much.  Hubby and I had a chat the other day.  It went something like this:

Me:  If I lost this weight would think I was hot?
Hubby:  YES!  You'd be HOT!

Enough said.  Who doesn't want their hubby to think they're hot?  And I've struggled with this for awhile...feeling unloved.  Not that my hubby doesn't love me, but he doesn't compliment me on my looks.  And I have come to realize why....I have some work to do.  I don't want him to lie when he tells me I have sexy thighs...I want to HAVE sexy thighs!  Don't get me wrong, my hubby is NOT some guy who expects his wife to look a certain way before he will compliment me.  However he IS the type that won't say something unless he means it.  I listened to a podcast the other day talking about marriage and how to have a happy husband.  The guest on the radio show was an author of a book they were discussing and she said that wives should be the best version of themselves they can be.  And that struck me.  That's exactly what I've wanted! It's not just about losing the weight.  I want to be the best ME I can be, and right now, I'm NOT.   

Ok, now on to my strategy...I am going to try Weight Watchers.  I am an official WW dropout.  I went to a meeting ONCE and never went back.  I don't like big crowds where I don't know anybody and no one seems friendly.  (Not saying that all meetings/groups are like that...that was just my experience)  So I never went back.  That wasn't the only reason I didn't return.  I'm also cheap and hated paying for what amounted to as accountibility.  Fast forward however many years it's been and I'm ready to try again.  Only I'm not officially joining WW.  I'm going to do a free version.  It's amazing what you can find on the internet if you just search!  So I've compiled the info I need in order to give it a try.  So today will be my first day!  I'm allowed 29 points today and I've used 8 of them for breakfast already.  But I'm also going to do some sort of workout today after the girls leave for school so that will give me some points back.  I know lots of people have had success with WW so I might as well give it a shot.  It's not some freak diet plan, but a workable plan that you can use forever (if you wanted to).  I kind of like the flexibility of being able to eat what you want and not have to count calories.  You just keep track of your points instead.  I think I will order the pocket guide so I don't have to do a very lengthy equation using protein, fat, carbs, and fiber to figure out each food's value though...at $8 it will save probably an hour each day in computing time! 

Here is my current weight:  176.  I'm down one pound from last week..woohoo! 
My goal for now is to reach 170 lbs. 

 WISH ME LUCK!  :)  

No comments: