Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Week #2 Weigh-In

Well, although today's weigh-in wasn't as good as I was hoping for, it still showed a loss from last Monday's.  Today the scale said 178.0..so I've officially lost 2 lbs!  A part of me is disappointed (and I'll explain why in a minute) but the other part of me knows that I need to take this week by week because it's going to be a slow process.  But slow weight loss means I'll hopefully keep it off and that's the outcome I'm shooting for. 

So here's why I'm a bit disappointed.  I did REALLY well with my eating last week.  I would eat when I was hungry, making healthier choices than I normally would.  Some days I ate veggies and fruit for lunch.  No meat.  Those of you who know me know that I LOVE meat.  And bread.  And I limited that too.  And because I wanted to stay on track I weighed myself every morning.  And by Thursday or Friday the scale was saying 176 something!  So I was stoked. 

Enter:  The Weekend.  BLAH.

We took the kids to the zoo for my step-dad's company picnic which also included a complimentary lunch.  Didn't know really what I thought the lunch would consist of, but it was anything but healthy.  There was a buffet of huge beef hot dogs, huge hamburgers, potato salad, and bag of chips.  The only veggies were the lettuce and tomato (besides the potatoes in the potato salad) and no fruit.  Oh yeah, and a never ending flow of fountain pop and ice cream sandwiches for dessert.  I ended up having all of it minus the veggies (long story) and once I finished my hot dog, I ended up eating half of my daughter's cheeseburger!  It's like I was possessed and had no self-control.  It's crazy how quickly I can slip into my old ways of overeating simply because it tastes good.  Luckily we walked the rest of the afternoon so I'm hoping I burned off some of those empty calories!  For dinner on the way home we stopped at Sonic.  None of us had been there before and we thought the kids would enjoy it.  But I had another cheeseburger there and a few fries.  BUT I did turn down the option to get a Tiger Butter Apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and ice cream.  Really wishing I'd gotten an apple, but oh well!  (If you've never tried them, you simply must search them out and buy yourself one.  They are DEE-VINE!)

Yesterday I decided to keep the Sabbath instead of spending the day cooking and cleaning, I would relax.  BUT that also meant I snacked through the day.  BUT I did decide to just go to bed a wee-bit hungry instead of eating again so late.  And to pay for my eating sins this weekend. 

So that is why I'm disappointed.  I gave in to some temptations of non-healthy food and some of my hard work disappeared...resulting in a smaller loss.  But a loss is a loss and I'm learning from my mistakes. 

I'm reading Bob Harper's new book called The Skinny Rules and it's really good.  He lists 20 rules to live by in order to be skinny and explains each one in detail.  I'm really enjoying it!  Reading books about weight loss always helps me to stay focused.  (Guess I should have taken that book with me to the zoo!)

So this is a new week and today is a new day!  I'm not sure what I'll be eating today, but I do know that I need to get some groceries and prior to that happening I need to plan out some healthy meals and snacks for the week.  I'd also like to research some recipes for using up zucchini and summer squash because I have a TON!  If there's something I can grow it's zucchini and squash! 

No comments: