Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday Weigh-In

This morning I hopped out of bed (OK, I was that excited about getting up) and remembered that today is weigh in day!  So I sauntered (for some reason I'm using fancy words today...) to the bathroom and hopped on the scale.  And it said 178.8!  I know I said I wasn't going to worry about decimal points, but I would like to retract that statement.  On my last post I said I was 179, but it was really 179.something.  And with it saying 178.8 today (ahem...almost 179), I just don't feel right about saying that my weight is 178.  I guess it's just one of my many quirks, so you'll just have to deal with it!  So I know a week ago the scale said 180.something, so I've officially lost 1.1+ pounds!  

And the best part is that I feel good!  After my weigh in and devotion time, I went on a 3 mile walk down our big hill (which is approximately 385 ft tall) and then walked around town for about a mile and then back up the 385 ft to home.  It felt great to get out and I listened to a Focus On The Family podcast on marriage, so I felt like I was multi-tasking!  AND I burned 294 calories! 

As for the calorie counting, I slacked off over the weekend and ate too many sweets.  But I'm back on track today and will hopefully be more consistent with counting. 

Today I'm planning to use my time more wisely, pick some yummies from the garden, help hubby in the garage for a couple of hours, and spending some quality time with the kiddos.  And possibly later go for a run.  Oh yeah...and the kiddos has VBS this week, so the girls will be gone from 6:30-9pm, which will give me some free time!  This is going to be a great week!  :)

1 comment:

A.K.W. said...

Keep up the good work!

Amy