Pages

Monday, December 30, 2013

2013 Goal Recap

Well I can't believe Christmas is done and gone and the beginning of the new year is just around the corner.  I think it's this time every year that really gets me thinking about how I spent the past 365 days and what things I would like to do differently in the next year.  I know I made some goals for 2013 a year ago and I ok at reaching them but didn't make as much progress as I would have liked.  Here were my goals from last year:

MENTALLY:  
I would like to focus on who God says I am.  And believe it.  No more negative self-talk!
I think I really am getting better at this.  I have moment where I find myself being negative but I am definitely getting better at accepting who I am. 

PHYSICALLY:  
When discussing with hubby what weight he thinks I would look awesome at, he said 150.  So that's my goal....reach 150 lbs.  The last time I weighed that I was probably in college, so it would be rockin' awesome to weigh that again.  Once I reach that weight I will see if I need/want to lose more or stay at that weight.
Still haven't met this one yet, HOWEVER I did make it to the 160's for the first time in a LONG time so I will say that I am making progress!

SPIRITUALLY:  
I'm ready to commit to, and execute, a habit of morning devotion times.  Life is hard when you don't routinely plug in to the One who created you!  I don't like feeling disconnected.
I have actually started doing this one!  I am not super-consistent, but manage about 3- 4 days a week which Is good compared to 0!
 
FINANCIALLY:  
Build up our savings enough so we have 3-6 months of living expenses in there.
A few things have interfered with reaching this goal...we bought a van in the spring of last year and we now are working to pay it off with monthly payments. My husband also took a different job and a slight cut in pay so it has been harder to save. 
 
HOMEMAKING:  
GOAL #1:  Declutter and organize our entire house.  We have way too much stuff...and no place to put it, so it's time to pare down!  The thought of a clutter-free home makes me giddy!
I have started this process but am nowhere near close to completely it.  The thought still makes me giddy though!
GOAL #2:  Try 52 new recipes in hopes of finding some new favorites!  This amounts to 1 per week, but I'm not going to be that structured with it.
I lost track of just how many recipes I tried but I probably did meet this goal.  I tried a lot of new ones...especially those from the THM book..it just got to be too much to post each and every one.  And once our computer died I gave up on posting any.

FAMILY:  
GOAL #1:  Start implementing the MoneySmart system and teach my kids about responsibility and money.
Did not meet this one.  I still would like to implement this one, however with our income being cut down some I need to work out a budget first and see if this will work. 
GOAL #2:  Play with my kids more.
I have played with my kids more, but probably still have room for improvement.
 
ATHLETICALLY:  
Run at least 1 half marathon and PR.
I did run a half marathon, but did not PR...in fact I had my worst race ever.  This has discouraged me from doing any more for awhile!

MARRIAGE:  
Really focus on showing love and respect to my husband through my words & actions
I have tried to focus on this as much as I can and I can really see that our marriage is really growing and maturing.
 
FRIENDSHIPS:  
Plan a Girl's Night Out at least 4 times this year.
Hmm...not sure if this one was met or not.  I don't think it did.  Things got really busy in the spring with work and honestly I forgot about it. :(

Next Up:  My 2014 Goals!!

 

No comments: