Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Will you take the challenge with me?

I came across a free ebook this morning that intrigued me.  I am a bit of an ebook hoarder.  (I'm a bit of a paperback book hoarder also.)  I've been "collecting" these ebooks over the past few months when I come across the opportunity to acquire a free one.  However, I haven't read any of them.  Until now. 

The one I came across this morning is titled, From Frumps to Pumps by Sarah Mae (you can read more about her on her blog HERE.)  It talks about, and challenges readers, to get dressed each morning.  Sounds simple, right?  This was something I didn't really even think I had a problem with, honestly.  I get dressed on most mornings.  I just don't make it as much of a priority as it should be.  I thought back to earlier this morning when I my wardrobe consisted of my over sized t-shirt/nightgown (yes, I need to revamp my bedtime wardrobe...but they are just sooo comfy!) and a pair of blue short with stars on them.  Add to that hair that would put Medusa to shame.  Yes, I was the epitome of blah.  I usually wait until I get the older kids on the bus before getting my shower and getting dressed, but now I'm inspired to get up a bit earlier to get myself dressed and presentable before anyone else is up.  Yeah, that means a few less minutes of sleep...but it also means a few more minutes of quiet time and a nice hot shower! (Since no one will have taken one before me!) 

Of course by the time I started reading the ebook, the older kids were already on the bus.  But I was inspired to get into the shower asap and get out of my pjs!  So I did.  And even blow-dried my hair and put my makeup on.  When I am dressed and presentable, I am more productive.  And I don't have to worry about a customer coming to our house and finding me in my pjs with Medusa hair!  It's a great feeling.

So I'm going to challenge myself to get up earlier and get dressed.  Will you join me in the challenge?  Here's the cool part:  Sarah is giving away a FREE copy of her ebook to anyone who signs up for her email and/or RSS feed!  So sign up, and download yourself a copy!  The neat thing about her book is it is what she calls a "motivotional" which is a motivational plus a devotional too!  So each day (Mon - Fri) there is a reading/challenge for us.  I'm excited to see what changes we will notices by doing something so simple as getting dressed a bit earlier each day and choosing not to live in our pjs!!   

1 comment:

A.K.W. said...

I'm not sure if I can keep up with this challenge though, I don't way to download e-books right now.

Amy