Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update on my 2012 Goals

Since it's February, I thought I should revisit my 2012 goals to see how I am doing with them.  So, here they are: 

1. Reach my goal weight of 150 by June 4th.
Ok, not doing so hot.  Trying to figure out the balance between working out and what I eat in order to lose weight.  My current weight is 174.2, which is down 1.8 lbs, but that I needed to have lost 5 lbs in January.  But I do feel as if I am losing inches because my clothes are fitting a bit better.  I would hope so with all the working out I've been doing!!

2. Go on at least 1 date night per month with the hubster. (And I already have the babysitters lined up for them!)  YEP!  We had our cheap date to the dollar theater and Applebee's and spent a whopping $8 thanks to a gift card we received at Christmas.  And our Feb date is planned for this Saturday, so I will have met that goal twice so far!

3. Stay on budget financially and start to build up an emergency fund. (ideally 3 month's living expenses)
Still doing pretty well with this.  Not 100% on budget, but last month's No Spend January challenge really helped me to be more conscious of what I was purchasing and if we really needed it or not.  The E Fund savings hasn't started yet unfortunately.

4. Start a savings fund for a new vehicle so we can pay cash for it! 
This probably will not happen until we get our E Fund built up.  Although hubby has a couple of cars that he's fixing up to sell, so hopefully we can sell them and put that money towards our new van fund. 

5. Run another half-marathon and beat last year's time of 2:24:29
Training for our next half starts on Monday!  The race is in May so I won't be able to post whether or not I met this goal until then.

6. Take a family vacation to the beach.
Beach house is booked and will be waiting for us when we arrive the last week of June!!  Can't wait!!

7. Be intentional about spending time together as a family.
We are doing this!  We have played numerous games of Skip-Bo and have put puzzles together.  Think it will be easier to accomplish when the cold weather is gone and we can get outdoors more. 

8. I want to be consistent with my devotion and prayer times with God. I do good for a few days, then get busy or sidetracked and slack off. I know devotion time isn't absolutely necessary in order for growth with God, but it is something I want to do. I need to overcome my fear of lack of confidence in this area. My plan is to start getting up earlier in the morning to spend 20-30 mins in devo and prayer.

Not doing great at this, but I am doing it more than I was.  I have been trying to play soft worship music during the day to create a more prayer-ful atmosphere.  I do find that I am praying more throughout the day, but still need to consistently devote the first part of my morning to reading the Bible and praying.

9. I also want to be more intentional about family devo time and teaching my kids more about the Bible and character qualities.
Fail.  We did have a family devo night once last month, which is more than what we were doing, so I guess that is an accomplishment, however there is definitely room for improvement in this area. 

10.  I want to log a total of 800 miles from my running workouts.
I am beginning to think I set my goal a bit too high, but I'm slowly working towards it.  I have currently run 57.7 miles!  However I need to do 66.7 miles each month, so I am a bit behind where I should be.  Hopefully I will gain some ground when we start training next week.  

So, all in all, I'm not doing terrible with striving towards my goals!  I need to work harder on the losing weight goal, my devo/prayer time, and my family devo time.  Hopefully next month I will be able to say Yes to those too! 

No comments: