Pages

Friday, December 12, 2014

Life Update

I will warn you...I have no plan for this post other than to update you on what's been happening in our lives since I posted last. 
 
No plan = Ramblings. 
 
I apologize in advance. 
 
I feel like my life has once again been a blur.  I don't even know where to begin.  Since my last post we haven't had any interest in our house.  This is both calming and frustrating if that's possible.  I'm calm because I don't want to move during the winter months.  Heck, I don't even want to go outside during the winter months.  (I sooo could hibernate and just re-emerge in the spring...) let alone move all of my belongings to another dwelling in frigid temps.  This is also the hubby's busy time at work so it just would make things that much more complicated.  But it's also frustrating because we were hoping to be moved already.  And just this week there has been something that has come up (in a good way) and we are faced with the possibility of staying here and not moving at all.  It's craziness, I tell ya!  We've been fixing up our house and finishing all those little unfinished projects in order to make our house more appealing to potential buyers and now we may stay here.  Not that I'm complaining.  We now have the in-floor heat hooked up in the living room (that used to be cold in the winters) and now it's toasty warm and we LOVE it.  We also have installed a new kitchen door complete with pretty leaded glass.  And the list goes on and on with all the new perks our house has that makes it harder for me to want to leave it! 
 
The end of November, my oldest turned 14.  FOURTEEN.  And I'm starting to feel my age because of it.  I'm caught somewhere between being excited to see him grow and mature, but at the same time starting to realize that our time with him living in our home is drawing to a close because the next 4 or 5 years will fly by.  Have I taught him everything he needs to know to be a successful independent adult?  Have I taught him morals, money management, how to clean a house, how to rely on God to guide him?  The reality is this:  I have my work cut out for me.  I only get one chance at this thing called parenting.  And yet sometimes I feel just down right CLUELESS.
 
A couple of weeks ago, we lost my husband's Grandma Myrtle.  She was such a blessing to us all and was the definition of what a good grandma is.  She loved unconditionally and was always so welcoming.  She loved each of her grandchildren and never hesitated to ask us about what was happening in our lives.  Although we could see her health was declining, her death was sudden and was a shock to my family.  We were able to visit her a couple of weeks before her passing and I am so glad we did.  She told others how much she enjoyed our visit and I am forever grateful we were able to spend that hour with her.  Her life and passing has helped me to start thinking about the type of legacy I want to leave with my family.  Grandma Myrtle love and laughter will be greatly missed.
 
I have gained about 12 lbs.  Yep, all the weight I lost last year in back on my body...yuck!  I really slacked off on exercising and eating better and it shows.  I feel like I'm carrying around about 25 lbs instead of just 12.  And I have been battling being oh-so-tired, especially since the evenings are getting dark so much earlier.  So I decided it was time to get back to exercising.  And I do well for a week and then the next week I slack off.  And the next week I do well and the next week I slack off.  This is my slacking off week.  And just when I decide I need to work out, I get a cold and I can't breathe very well due to congestion.  And I'm not sleeping well due to not breathing well.  So I'm feeling even more worn out!  And since I felt all unenergized to do ANYTHING around here and have had  some busy days and evenings my house looks as if it has imploded.  Last night I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack.  I have so much to do and no energy or time with which to get it done.  And it makes me grumpy.  I think I need a vacation.
 
And as if that isn't enough excitement, my sister-in-law in moving back to the States from Mozambique.  I will admit I am super excited about she and her hubby moving here because I want the kids to have a good relationship with their aunt and uncle and it's hard to when they live halfway across the globe.  So that's been a nice surprise for us!
 
With all that being said, I need to get the girls up and start the rest of the morning grind before heading to work.  There's so much more to say but it will have to wait until another time!  :)



No comments: