Well, it's been a little over a week since the hubster started his new job away from home and I think I'm FINALLY getting into the swing of things. Last week was super-ultra crazy at my job with Mother's Day so it was a bit of a blur, but this week is a bit slower and I feel like I'm finally settling in to our new family dynamic. Thank Goodness...I really don't like change!
So today is my 2nd day that I've had with no hubby and no kids at home during the day! I'm loving this free time! Not that it's really free...because I end up cleaning and doing laundry and such, but it just feels good to only take of myself for a total 8 hr period! I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, but I haven't had this for literally 12 years since Evan was born. And it will end once again next Friday when the kids are home from school for the summer.
One thing I have to be wary of is that I need to use my time wisely and actually get something done around here! My house is driving me nuts and I'm in the mood to just organize everything. A hefty task, I know. And when I get in that mood, I end up having soooo many things I want to do that I try to start all at one time....which results in a house that looks way worse than when I started. That is never a good thing. So here is what I would like to accomplish TODAY (ok, maybe over the next week):
1. Vacuum & Shampoo the living room carpet. Last time I shampooed the carpet (just a month or so ago), I didn't realize until AFTER I was done that the soap wasn't dispensing AND it wasn't sucking up the extra water. So I'm going to try again. And if I have enough time I would like to shampoo the hallway and my bedroom.
2. Bake muffins for Allie's class. I'm in the middle of this task so I can almost cross it off my list already!
3. Pay some bills & balance my checkbook. Need I say more?
4. I would LOVE to pressure wash the porch. This one may have to wait until I'm under hubby's supervision. Last time I tried to use the washer by myself I hooked it up wrong and ended up with a huge bruise on my leg when the hose flew off the washer at great force. Not fun. So I'm bit gun-shy of trying to use it on my own again! lol
5. Get ALL the laundry washed, dried, and folded. Enough said!
6. Start packing bags for this weekend.
7. Mop the kitchen floor.
8. Wash down and paint foyer walls.
9. Plant my garden.
Ok, I think that's enough for now! That's more than enough to keep me busy for the next week! Guess I will have prioritize a bit!
This weekend the kiddos are going to their grandma's and hubby and I are heading to Cleveland for the Rite Aid Half Marathon. I'm both excited and nervous. My IT Band has been really hurting towards the end of my last two long runs and I'm nervous about how it will react to 13 miles on Sunday. I really hate the thought of having to walk the last part of the race, yet I don't want to have a serious injury either. I guess I will just see what happens and then decide. Other than my knee, I'm really excited about the rest of the weekend! We are going with another couple and planning to go to the race expo, then to a casino (my first casino trip!), then to dinner to carbo-load, then bed, then RACE DAY! After the race we will probably get some lunch before heading home. I'll try to catch some pics to post when I get home!