Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Hello 2018!

I have managed to go on an almost two-year hiatus with this blog and I apologize. I just read my last post and can remember those feelings well!  I would like to think I sit here typing a changed woman, a woman who has gotten it all together since then, but I haven't.  I am no longer on the brink of emotional breakdown, but I still have problems with managing everything.  However, I have learned to take it day by day, say no when necessary, and try to find the joy somewhere along the way. 

With that being said, it's a new year. I time for starting over.  I can honestly say I am EXCITED about 2018!  I'm not really sure why, but I just am.  I love the feeling of a fresh start, of renewed focus.  I used to make resolutions for each new year...and not ever follow through.  This year I have decided to adopt a theme for the year that encompasses many aspects of my life that need some tweaking. 

This year, my theme is Save & Savor.  I prayed and feel as if this is what the Lord has laid on my heart for 2018.  Here are my initial thoughts, however they may change/adapt as the year progresses:

I want to save time and plan ahead to eliminate stress.  This can be with cooking, cleaning, errand-running, meal-planning...really anything.

I want to save money.  I want to make a budget and STICK TO IT.  I have started being intentional with saving, but want to cut out some frivolous spending and save it.  If I make more money by working more hours during busy times at work, I want to save that extra.  I want to use the money to take meaningful vacations with my family, weekend trips, activities, etc.

I want to savor my time with the Lord.  I want to spend time with Him daily and savor it, not just check it off my to-do list.

I want to savor my time with family.  Sometimes I find myself saying that I'm spending time with my family, yet I never sit down.  I'm always doing something.  Sometimes I just need to stop and savor the moments.  This also means giving my kids and husband my undivided attention when they are talking to me.

I want to save time in my schedule for nurturing friendships.  I have found that I need friends in my life for encouragement and refreshment.

I also want to save time in my schedule for regular date nights with my husband. 

I want to savor my food and start eating healthier.  This means sitting down at the table to eat meals with my family.

I want to save my health and take better care of my body.  I have slacked off on exercise and it shows in the way my clothes fit AND in my energy levels.  If I don't get proactive, it will lead to future health problems.

So, can you tell I'm a list girl?  I could probably list more things, however I am going to save myself some undue stress by not getting overwhelmed by a list that is too long. 

Have you made a resolution for the new year?  Or a theme perhaps?  I would love to hear about it if you have!

Here's to an awesome 2018!!

No comments: