Pages

Monday, December 24, 2012

3 Month Recap

Yes, I am still among the living!  I knew you were worried where on earth I was since by looking at my blog posts, it seems as if I've spent the past couple of months reading books and posting reviews!  I'm sorry friends!  Life got extremely busy and stressful all of a sudden and I just didn't have or take the time to blog.  Will you forgive me?  You will?  Great!  Now here is why I haven't blogged in such a LOOONG time...

The main reason why is because I got a job!  Yeah, I know...it surprised me too!  I actually have had quite a few job opportunities this fall/winter and it rocked my world.  It gave me a renewed sense of confidence that I haven't had for awhile...namely 6 or so years since I'd last worked a real job.  Not that being a mom isn't a REAL job...but you just don't get paid, you know?  Anyhoo, my dream job became available and came out of nowhere.  I went have a degree in Floral Design & Marketing and have wanted to get my hands on some fresh flowers for awhile and just be creative.  A friend of mine who also went to college for floral design and I were chatting it up at our 15 yr high school reunion (I'll save you the math...I'm 33...lol) and she was saying that it would be so awesome if I could work at the flower shop with her again.  We used to work together there in college and then I took a job at a different flower shop and she stayed there.  Long story short, 2 days later she called me and told me that one of their designers was leaving and they had a position open.  3 days later the manager called me to ask if I would come in for an interview and was offered the job that night.  In the midst of this I had another interview with the local school system and later was offered a different job there.  I had a LOT of decisions to make!  Through much stressing and praying I decided to take the job at the flower shop.  And I love it.   

On top of working an actual job, I've been subbing for the school too.  Between the two I've been working full-time.  The extra money has been nice and we've been really good about sticking that money into savings instead of spending it like everyone said we would!  We're working towards our 3-6 months of living expenses in savings and after that we're going to pay down on our mortgage!  (That makes me super excited!)  

So that is why I haven't written.  I've been working so much and not working out or running, and trying to manage life as a working mom.  I still don't have it all figured out!  I"m just taking it one day at a time.  

Now that I've got the working thing figured out, I'm going to start focusing on my weight loss once again.  I'm so tired of letting these extra pounds consume my thoughts and it's time to do what it takes to lose the weight and get on with my life.  

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

No comments: