Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What Your Husband Isn't Telling You by David Murrow

Ever wonder what on earth your husband is thinking sometimes?  Yeah, me too.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of What Your Husband Isn't Telling You:  A Guided Tour Of A Man's Body, Soul, and Spirit by David Murrow!  And I'm glad I did!  This book is full of (not-so) top secret information about men and what makes them tick physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  And it's true because it's coming straight from the author's mouth...who is also a man!  The information answered so many of my questions about my husband...mainly things that drove we crazy!  And if gave me some information about my husband that I wasn't really ready for.  For example, did you know that when your husband enters a room full of other couples, he checks out all the wives in the room to see who has the best one and dubs the husband of said woman a stud?  Me neither.  That really made me feel pressured to be the one that he decides is the hottest compared to all the rest!  I asked my husband if this were true of him and he said yes! And ladies, our personal appearance ranks pretty high on our hubby's expectations for us, so throw away those sweat pants!

The book was truly eye-opening for me and has given me a better understanding and appreciation for my husband, and for men in general.  So many of what I thought were my husband's quirks that irritated me actually originated from his deep-centered need to provide.  How can I get irritated with a husband who wants to provide for his family?  This book has given me an entirely new outlook on what my husband does and says.  God wired men in this way and we need to embrace their differences instead of using them as a source of tension.    

No comments: